First time login in Moment for new users
This short guide will tell you how to login to Moment for the first time.
Administrators must verify that all emails that are registered under employees in Moment are correct.
The easiest way to verify this is to go through > co-workers > report and check that the emails in the list correspond with active emails in your company. This is inherently important considering this is where the employee will receive their password.
The same applies for phone numbers for each employee as they will be needed for 2-step verification.
You log in here:
Fill in username (email address registered in Moment). If you do not have a password available when trying to log in then view the steps below to see how.
- Press > forgot password
- Write > email address registered in moment
- Type > 6 digit code that will be sent to your phone as an SMS.
- If you do not receive an SMS then choose email for the 2-step verification and it will be sent to your email.
In Moment, all users are required to use two factor authentication. This means that every time you need to login to Moment there will be an additional security protocol to make sure that you are the correct person accessing the account. Don't worry, once you've logged in Moment should remember you so that you don't have to do this step every time.
Your login-info is saved via a cookie. If you have to login to Moment every time you want to access app.moment.team, this means that your login credentials are not saved in a cookie. This may be caused by the following. You're behind a VPN, you're behind a firewall that restricts cookies. Your browser-cookie settings restrict cookies.
We have three different kind of authentications that you can use, and you are free to change between them by going to my pages > my settings > security.
- 1.Receive login code by SMS. This is our standard method and chosen by default for all new users. The way this works is that when you have input your username and password a 6 digit code will be sent to the number associated with your account.
- 2.Receive login code by email. The way this method works is that instead of receiving the 6 digit code by SMS it'll be sent to the email address associated with your Moment account.
- 3.Use Google Authenticator. This way of authentication is through an app on your mobile device called Google Authenticator, this is an app that doesn't require mobile service or access to your email. Instead it constantly generates codes that you can use, with this said you probably have network access when you want to use Moment, but it's a preferred method for some.
By using login code by SMS you'll additionally have the option to receive the code by email, in case you don't have access to your mobile device.
Access control in Moment:
For access control contact your administrator. Admin can regulate access control through > co-workers> find the employee> settings > access
Rule of thumb: for an employee to log hours on projects, view assigned projects and limit editing possibilities on other projects you must tick-off the three user rights as depicted below:
This introduction should enable you to log in to Moment.
Do not hesitate to contact our support team as you commence using our system, you can contact us via email, phone or chat.