Icon for "external consultant" under resource planner
With the new addition of the "external consultant" icon in resource planner , it is now easier for you to plan and manage your resources. The newly added icon allows you to differentiate between your internal and external co-workers in an effortless way.
The external consultant icon
The resource planner with the added external consultant icon
With the above mentioned improvement to the resource planner it will be even easier for you to allocate your resources across internal and external co-workers.
In order for the green arrow icon to appear next to an employees name the following settings must be controlled.
1. Simply click "Resources" → "Co-workers" → "Overview"
2. Select the employee you want to assign as "External" and go to their profile.
3. Select "Settings" → "General" and tick the option that says "Is an external consultant" and save changes.
The respective employee or co-worker will be shown as an external consultant once the above mentioned changes are saved.
- Resource planner is a tool which allows you to see and adjust hours reservations on co-workers, both internal and external, in an easy way.
- Get an overview of which projects each co-worker will work on each week, in addition to an overview of co-workers vacation days et cetra.
- View fellow co-workers availability and detect if someone is overbooked.
- Drag & drop reservations between weeks and co-workers to easily adapt to changes in resource planning.
- Add new reservations by clicking on the white areas of each cell, both for one week or several weeks at a time.
- Edit reservations by clicking on them (the coloured boxes)
- Decide how much information you want to see in the overview through settings and filters: For example: Select whether or not to display activity names, if you want to see only one project or just a group of co-workers.
Kindly do not hesitate to contact our customer support in case of any queries regarding this new function.